Sometimes in the busyness of the season, we become frantic trying to grasp what we believe is “the perfect” Christmas eve. For years, people have tried to dictate the perfect gifts to give, the perfect Christmas card to create, the perfect cookies to bake, and the perfect meal to make. We’ve tried it all and here’s what the staff at Best Life Ministries knows … the only perfect thing about Christmas is the Christ child!
This year, join us as we work on feeling grateful, thankful, calm, and at peace with our lives, our family, our friends, our jobs, and our world. After all, peace starts with us.
This Christmas, make things simple:
- Set your table ahead of time. The holiday table settings and centerpiece will make the room look festive and you’re ready to go!
- Decorate your tree early. Enjoy it every single day! The season is short.
- Make yourself go to bed at a decent time each night. You want to be your best.
- Listen to Christmas music. Put Christmas CDs in your car and your CD player.
- Check out local TV listings like the Hallmark channels and UP TV for good-feeling movies. Many of them have the true Christmas message!
- Mark your calendar for fun events. Be careful not to overbook.
- Bake an extra batch of cookies. Find needy people (elderly, college kids at the dorm, singles, and businesses) and deliver happiness.
- Purchase presents and wrap them throughout the year. Make a list and stick to it! Make sure you do not go overboard, even though you may be tempted to do so.
- Allow family and friends to help. Often people offer to help and we ignore them. This year accept their help; it will benefit you both.
- Read the Christmas Story. You can find the story in Luke 2 and Matthew 1.
The season isn’t meant for perfection, it’s meant for remembering the only One who is perfect. Enjoy it … savor the moments with family and friends … and start 2017 out right! Merry CHRISTmas!